How to Set Up 2M Guard
2M Guard is the phone app that we use for our NVR’s to view cameras from our phones offsite.
This app only works for models: 2MT-4004, 2MT-4008, 2MT-4088, 2MT-4016, 2MN-8004-P4, 2MN-8008-P8, 2MN-8116-P16, 2MN-8232-P16 and our IP cameras.
- Find the Register Code and/or QR Code for your DVR/NVR
- on NVR menu: Menu → System → Network → P2P OR Menu → Network → P2P
- on web menu: Setup → Network → P2P
2. Two ways to add a device onto the app:
- directly on the app
Method 1: Adding Device Through Star4Live
- Go to https://www.star4live.com/login
- Click on Login if you already have an existing account or Sign Up if you do not
- Once you have logged in, click on Add and another window will pop up prompting for a Device Name and Register Code. Once all of the required information has been filled out, hit OK and your device should show up under My Cloud Devices.
- Once you have successfully added the device on Star4Live, open the app and log into your account using the same credentials that you created/used on star4live.com
- Go to Live View and tap the icon in the upper right corner to select a device
- Select the device you would like to view
- Start live view
Method 2: Adding Device Directly on the App
- When you first download the app it will prompt you to either Sign Up or Login
- Tap on Login if you already have an existing account or Sign Up if you do not
- Open up the app menu and go to Devices. This section shows all of the devices that have been added onto your account. To add another one, tap on Add at the top of the screen.
- You can choose to add the device by scanning the QR code or by manually inputting the Register Code. To move forward with either of these options, you will need to tap on Scan
- A screen will appear for you to scan a QR code. If you choose to scan this is where you will do it, but if you choose to manually enter the Register Code, tap on the edit icon on the bottom.
- Once all of the correct information has been filled out, hit the Save icon in the upper right corner.
- In order to see the cameras, open the app menu and tap on Live View
- At first, it will look blank. This is because we need to add the cameras to the windows. Tap on the Add icon in the upper right corner
- A list of your devices will appear. Select the one that you want to view and hit Start Live View on the bottom
- Now you can view your cameras on the go!