Using QR Code Opening
The terminals have the ability to open the door based on a generated QR code. The user can generate a QR code from a 3rd-party app and scan it on the terminal in place of physical cards.
In order to set it up for QR code opening:
- In the Face Library, input a card number for a person
- On a QR code generator, input the same card number for the person
- You must put “a1p” before the number when generating the code (if only inputting the number to generate, the terminal will not be able to recognize the code)
- Must enable the QR code option in the web page
- Setup → Common → Personalization → Custom Button → Display QR Code.
- The terminal reader can only detect the QR code from 60-70 cm away
You can download QR code generator apps on your phone or use ones online.